Last Update: Sept 11, 2022
In no particular order:
- We Need to Talk: How to Have Conversations That Matter by Celeste Headlee (ASIN: B01NAID961)
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Danieal Kahneman (ASIN: B00555X8OA)
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Ana Rosling Rönnlund (ASIN:B0756J1LLV)
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson (ASIN: B01MAWT2MO)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson (ASIN: B019MMUA8S)
- Humble Inquiry: The Gentle Art of Asking Instead of Telling by Edgar H. Schein (ASIN: B00CTY5FXM) – There is a second edition of this book I haven’t read. Link goes to first edition
- Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen (ASIN: B07DRP1GZ2)
- Starship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein (ASIN: B004EYTK2C) – Nothing like the movie. If you’ve seen the movie before you read the book, disregard everything about the movie – it’ll be easier.
- The Sandman: Overture (2013-2015): Deluxe Edition by Neil Haiman (ASIN: B0159C1Z20) – This does contain some adult stuff.
- More Than Two: A Practical Guide to Ethical Polyamory by Franklin Veau, Janet Hardy, Tatiana Gill, Eve Rickert (ASIN: B01DQ20WZQ) – Hear me out on this one. Even if you’re monogamous, read this book. Like a small chapter is about being poly. The rest is about relationships in general. Everyone, everyone can benefit from this book if they are in a relationship of any kind.
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Nonmonogamy by Jessica Fern (ASIN:B08F5L14MY)- Again, a chunk of this book is about relationships in general as well as about your attachment style. This book can offer up better ways to communciate with your partner and offer more direction and guidance in our needs.
- The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances (The Oatmeal Book 5) by The Oatmeal (Mathew Inman)(ASIN: B00JKNMFVU)
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan (ASIN: B007EDOKZW) – One of my biggest fears made manifest. Non-fiction book. She lived it.
- The Art of SQL by Peter Robson, Stephane Faroult (ASIN: B0028N4WEC) – This is for database stuffs. More on logical thinking and SQL than actual learning ins and outs of SQL/TSQL as well as more detailed efficiencies you might not have otherwise thought of
TED Talks absolutely worth watching that I feel strongly about for one reason or another.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!